Things have really not been terribly busy here but it sures seems like it. Maybe that is because we have spent an incredible amount of time trying to hibernate from this miserable cold. We have had some record breaking weather this year and not the good kind. :)
We try to hold Family Home Evening once in a while yes it should be weekly but ya know we aren't very good at that, we still have family time just not of the structured sort so that counts for me.
This last week Jedi really wanted to do it so we let him plan it out and he wanted it to be on faith. Like when Noah built the ship he had to use faith because he really didn't know what he was doing (which is why I use my faith everyday because HOLY CRAP I have NO idea what I am doing!).
He decided we would build a fort instead of a ship. He told us about Noah and then had us gather materials for a fort, we also gathered some animals. Then we built our fort and sat in that darn hot thing for the rest of the lesson. He taught us that the floor and chairs represented our belief in Christ. Then he explained the Blankets or walls/roof were what we had to continue to do each day for us to continue to keep our faith/belief in Christ. Some things he compared them to were, scripture study, going to church, service to others, and prayer. I think he did a great job.
So proud of our children and their desire to know who they are, where they came from and where they will be after this life. I am so grateful to know that if we continue to strive to keep the Lords commandments and live a righteous life filled with service and love just as our Saviors was we too will be together with him and each other for eternity. Because I can't imagine life without my family.
3 comments:
You and Justin are good sports! It looks like even G-ma and G-pa got in on the action! So glad to know you're still alive over there. I sure miss visiting with you! And, I was thinking the other day how much I miss our Golds Gym workouts!
That's a great lesson! Sounds like fun too! Those are the moments your kids will remember when they're older.
Fun Fun fun!!!!! Fantastic family memories, and great job, Jedi, on the lesson!!
Post a Comment