"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Friday, June 22, 2012

Arrow of Light





Jedi has been working so hard in his Cub Scout Program he wanted to be able to earn his Arrow Of Light award and he did with time to spare we are so proud of him. 
The ceremony was very fun they brought in a couple of men to present him with his award.  They were dressed in Indian attire , entered to the sound of a drum and playing a wooden flute {which I am sure has a real name instead of flute}.  Grandma and Grandpa M were able to be there and that made it even more special for him.  He was so excited all day waiting for his Pack Meeting so he could receive his Award.
They explained what the Arrow of Light represented, which of course I can't remember it all.  But parts I do were his pathway here then things he learned.  There are seven rays on the Arrow of Light each one standing for something he needs to live by or with in life, faith, courage, love, hmmm yep and four others.
It was a great ceremony, now he is planning for his Eagle  I hope his enthusiasm stays intact through it all.  So glad he has a great father to help him along the way.   

1 comment: