"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Monday, May 14, 2012

A Perfect Mother's Day

It was a perfect day yesterday, we of course couldn't sleep in we have church at 9:00 a.m. so my sweet hubby got up and started some Banana/Strawberry pancakes.  I enjoyed cooking beside him, I know he wanted to just do it himself so I am grateful he allowed me to join him while the morning was quiet and I could get me some hubby time.
Then I was showered with Homemade cards from our children.  This is truly what makes a Holiday for me.  I will be sad when they no longer want to do this.  It brings a few tears to my eyes each year.  I don't need or like money spent on me I just need thoughtfulness and that is exactly what I got this year and it was perfect. 
K.bug wrote this poem for me


I love that I am "sweat" LOL

I love that B and Jedi both thought to include the whole family in their one card



including the Dog in Jedi's  :)
Please bare with me this is my Journal these days {yep to lazy/forgetful to actually get out the old dusty book and pen}, so this is where I keep my treasures, these are what brought tears to my eyes this year.

Justin's sweet words always bring me tears of joy.  There is something about knowing that he feels I do I good job in our home, that makes everything seem better.  I am not perfect I don't get everything done all of the time.  But I know he appreciates what I can get done and NEVER complains about what I don't get done.....even when that means shopping through the laundry basket for a clean towel.  
I feel like the luckiest mom and wife to be able to be a part of this incredible family. Being a Mom can be hard at times and I am grateful for days like this that remind me why we do it. 
I hope all of you had a great Mama Day.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I agree. . . thoughtfulness is much better than expensive gifts! I had a great mother's day, and I absolutely love the necklace I got at church. Thanks for being such a "crafty" girl!

Christy said...

So glad you had such a wonderful Mother's Day!! You deserve it!