So she is not like my Scottish Grandma and she shares her recipes :P
So she gave it to me and then I just had to find the right mix for B...Because she loves her some pancakes with chocolate chips, bananas and peanut butter for breakfast {what do you mean it is more like a cookie?}
Anywho...Here it is, it is yummy, in fact K.bug and I prefer hers over ours...{grass is always greener right!}
GF Pancake Mix
2 c Jasmine Rice {sweet rice}
2 c Sourgum
1 c Quinoa
3 c Tapioca/ or Potato starch
1 1/4 c dry milk
1/2 c dried eggs
1 T salt
1/4 c baking powder
1/2 c sugar
Mix all this together put it in your favorite Zip Lock Bag or container. Here is the non science part of this....I don't measure out the dry ingredients and wet ingredients when I go to make it....I just dump and pour until it is the right consistency for her.
So add some water and a lil' oil {oil is so important}
She like 'em fluffy so I make it a little thicker for fluffy, if she wants crepe style I make it a lil' bit more runny.
Now I have tried this in my Waffle Maker....UMMM didn't turn out so well lil' bit on the sticky side. But that is GF for ya.
Enjoy!
p.s. those of you new to this WinCo carries Quinoa in the bulk along with Sweet Rice, Potato Starch and Tapioca starch. I ordered Sourgum from Amazon the first time and found I paid WAAAAAY to much if you live in our area look up Kitchen Kneads they have much better prices for that. :)
1 comment:
I think I can grind quinoa in my grinder to make flour for you. Let me read up on it to be sure. I'm super duper glad that you were able to adjust the recipe and find the right mix for B!
Post a Comment