"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Feeling Sentimental



The other couch wasn't close enough to the action  :)

Yes I am feeling sentimental again...and it isn't even birthday time  :).  I was watching our children yesterday after school in awe at the little people they are becoming.  I was remembering little talks I had with my parents and grandparents at K.bugs age and wondering if I was doing enough for her and the other two, if I was fulfilling my motherly duties and providing enough love and encouragement for them. 
Then I watch them serve each other and play together, I watch them want to serve others friends and adults.  I listen to the care in their voices for fellow beings. 
Then I realize what a wonderful Father they have, what amazing grandparents they have been given and realize I am not alone in raising these incredible little people who will change this world for the good with every new person that they meet.
My husband is a giver, a server, a man I imagine God is very proud of. He has passed these traits down to our children, he is easy to get along with and can befriend anybody.  I have never had to worry, about what he will say or how he will treat me in public or in private, he is a good man.  He will be and is a wonderful roll model for our son.
Our parents love and support us and our children.  They are there for everything, no matter how small.  My parents live a distance away yet still have a very close relationship with our children.  I am so grateful for our parents and the love and time they give to our family. 
Last night at a New Beginnings {a church activity for the Young Women}, we watched a short video about being an example to search after things that are true, chaste, virtuous of good report or praiseworthy.  One phrase stood out to me, "I am only one girl, but there are many, and we will change the world for good".   Can you just imagine how much hurt could be taken away from our youth if they would all just seek after the good and run from the bad?  The youth of today are the adults and leaders of tomorrow, we need to teach them to be strong loving people to respect honor and obey.  Sometimes I feel like this is getting lost, parents are "too busy", "too tired", or "children are too young", but it starts from the beginning.  We have to teach tolerance, love, respect it is our responsibility, they may be our future, but we help mold them, so if we don't try or if we quit then we fail them.

I hope that our children stay on the path they are on.  I know we have our agency to choose.  I just hope that when they fall, because they will that they can get up dust off and remember where they came from and what they stand for.

No comments: