"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Monday, December 5, 2011

So I CAN Sew....who knew

For years growing up I watched my mom sit at the sewing machine creating master pieces and wanting nothing to do with it.  My cousins loved that stuff I wanted to go out and ride bikes, rollerblade, read, ANYTHING other than that dumb sewing machine!
Well I have two little girls who apparently received both of their Grandmother's desires for crafts and sewing.  Now one of their Grandma's live up in the tip top of WY (I know rude) the other lives here, so they had a bit of help on their way. 
As you all know a few years back I decided that maybe it isn't such a bad thing this craft stuff...so off I went on an adventure, jewelery and such.
K.bug has had a sewing machine since she was 7, it was an okay machine but recently the foot kept falling off every 3 inches...SO FRUSTRATING.
We my neighbor who is an extremely good at sewing bought herself this amazing machine (by amazing I mean lightweight it has a slow speed for slow people like me.  I think I posted about this in the summer. She helped me hem Justin's pants which I had never done before and it was SEW (I am so funny) EASY.
So that was that and K.bug and I had a machine on the way.  The girls have really enjoyed sewing you seen our Matching skirts for Mom day, B has been sewing some Christmas gifts this month and K.bug has started going to Teresa (that friend of mine) for her sewing classes she holds in her home.  She made this adorable skirt




So cute huh...and yes those are my shoes (grrrr). 
She has been wanting a Levi skirt for so long, but to find them long enough that she doesn't require leggings and I don't require a loan to get it is a joke. 
Well my favorite jeans took a leap off the cliff last week and as I was carrying them to the garbage with tears in my eyes I thought...hmmm I wonder if I (yes I actually thought I) could make this into a skirt for her??????
So off to the internet I went looking for some awesome tutorials to do this...With not a whole lot of luck.  I just didn't care for what I found. 
I almost gave up then I thought, what could it hurt if I messed it up it is a free project!  I had another Seamstress friend (do you think my mom prayed for my friends?) stop by and she gave me some ideas as I was spread out all over my living room with bits of jean material everywhere.  She sews amazing things too, one day when I grow up I will be just like my mom Teresa and Valina.....One day  :)
So this is what she ended up with it looks so cute on her.


.B got one too but for some reason the pic won't upload I will try again later.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Of course you can sew! You're super talented! Those skirts are amazing!

Valina said...

I'm impressed Dani, they turned out cute and you got them done fast! You are awesome!

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Super cute skirts! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Christy said...

Sew cute!!! Haha. =) My daughter and I share shoes now, too... That was fast!