I sat in a kitchen of a friends grandparent, staring at this boy who I knew only as the older brother to a best friend. But feeling like he would be much much more than that soon.
I sat in a life full of confusion, yet the only clear thought was that that boy would be my husband one day.
As I left that kitchen and headed home from our weekend trip I just laughed. There wasn't even a hint of interest from him. I was engaged to be married, what was I thinking.
Yet I couldn't stop thinking of him....Not for six whole months.
6 months later......
Once again I found myself staring at this boy at a friends grandparents home thinking I am going to marry this boy.....
2 hours later....
thinking yep he sees it too...or does he?
2 days later.....
wondering if he will call? Hoping he will call....scared that he will call.....
14 years ago....
I stood across from this man looking into his eyes knowing that this was the best decision I would ever make in my life. This decision would bring me one of the purest feelings of joy I would ever receive as I said I Do!
Today....
Today we celebrate 14 years of hard work, heartbreak, love, joy and good old humor. I am happier today than I was 14 years ago. I am more in love than I was then. I do not regret the I Do I would say it again and again. I can't wait for another 14 years, it only gets better as time passes us by.
I love you more than I could ever say. Thank you for always letting me know I am the girl for you! Happy Anniversary!

1 comment:
Well said! I've known my man for about 30 years (and been married to him for 20 1/2 of those years) and love him more now than the day I met him. Congrats on 14 years!
Post a Comment