What a wonderful emotional day. When our children were younger I used to laugh at the day called "mothers day". Yeah right, isn't a holiday suppose to be a day off? It never was, as much as my incredible hubby tried, a Mommy's job is just never done.
But for the last couple of years I LOVE Mothers Day. I love the thoughtful little gifts our children make me, they mean so much more than anything that comes from a store. I love receiving the beautiful cards that my sweet husbands spends time picking out and adding the verbiage he feels was lacking.
So when dinner rolls around or the dishes need to be done I no longer murmur under my breath instead I smile and think of how lucky I am to celebrate this day, to be one of the elect along with many friends and family whether they are Bio Moms or just Mom's by nature (you know these women the ones God placed in your path to be your 2nd Mom).
So those of you who may struggle as I did, the true meaning of Mom day will set in soon, you too will reap the rewards, no it isn't a day off, it is a day of remembrance for us, a day of joy, a day of gratitude and a day to be told by your wonderful Husband that he does notice everything, that it isn't forgotten, that YOU are appreciated.
So Happy Mom day to you!
p.s. Mom and MIL thank you for your wonderful examples I love you more than I could ever express.
p.s.s. The girls and I actually sewed these skirts!
1 comment:
LOVE the skirts! You really know how to put together a total outfit!
Post a Comment