"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Monday, May 9, 2011

Gluten

Wow when we started this Gluten free adventure a few short weeks ago I never really expected it to be THIS much work!
I thought okay she has Celiac no prob I'm sure she is just a little sensitive no more of this NO problem!
Boy was I wrong!  She is extremely sensitive. . . so this is our enemy....
and these  are our new best friend.....
The problem being we aren't used to this yet and these don't always get used so then we get these......

and I get this.....

Because it is my job to protect my little one tummy aches and all.  She is forgiving and easy going which is wonderful.  But everytime we see those tears or hear my tummy hurts I am going to throw up....my heart breaks not only because I messed up, but because for 5 LONG years (well that she could say) this poor child has dealt with tummy aches and throwing up and being down right miserable!  I couldn't do anything about it....Until we went here. . .
Mountain West Pediatrics 

 It was then that a wonderful Doc listened to my complaint and concern for our poor B.  It was then he said I agree fully that we should run this Celiac test, along with a bunch of others, while we prick her once so that we can get as much done  as possible with one trip in. 
It was then that I felt listened too, appreciated as a parent and hopeful.  It was then that our Kitchen changed, it was then that our B felt good again
 for once! 
Although this change is not easy or fun, it is a good change.  It is good to see her feel good, to eat more.  It is good to see the care and concern that her Big Bro and Sis show her.  It is good to feel like we have an answer.  So today I am grateful to good Doctors that don't shun me because I haven't a degree.  But honor the fact of Motherly and Fatherly instinct. 

I am grateful to wonderful friends and family that help us on this journey and research without being asked and share all that they find and even find treats to share with our fam that even B can have. 

Thank you we love you because every crumb makes a difference! LOL yep I am that cheesy!

3 comments:

Krista said...

WOW! What big changes you've been going through! You're such a sweet mom and you're in my thoughts and prayers as you figure out your new lifestyle ... and life of no more tummy aches!

Teresa said...

I'm so glad that a gluten-free diet is working for Braeda! I can tell she feels better!

Christy said...

So hard to go gluten free!! But Kaylin DeVries says it has made all the difference in how she feels. All the best in your efforts and yey for B finally feeling better!!!