"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Friday, January 21, 2011

Squashin' Satan!!!

It is Jedi's turn to be sick...see we did teach our children to share AND to take turns!
He had a bit of a fever Wednesday after school but then was fine all day Thursday I made him pack a lunch for today for school so he was ready to go to school.  
Well at 1 am'ish I woke up to a child staring at me trying to speak, cry or breathe either one I think he would have settled for. . . .
So I flew out of bed ran him to the bathroom turned the shower to hot and said sit here I will be back.  I remembered a friend of his had asthma his mom had told me caffeine opens the airways quickly while you get something else going.  
Thank heavens I had just bought some Pepsi (love small blessings).  So I poured him a little, Justin got him some medicine I got him Vicks and there we sat in the hot steamy bathroom hoping this worked so we didn't have to make a trip to the ER.  
Jedi decided a blessing was in order (thank heavens for the priesthood!)  Justin gave him a blessing and I said he could go to bed I can handle the rest now.  
When Jedi finally gets a bit of a voice he says...."I think Satan is making me sick but dad just squashed him with a priesthood blessing"....Ya know even though it isn't Satan that is making him I am so glad he knows that God is there taking care of him.  What a funny kid.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Your kids are so cute!! Love it! And the hearing voices one too. You are awesome and an awesome mom and example. =)