"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Reflecting. . . . . . .

Reflecting...I have been doing that alot lately.  I have had quite a few deaths in my family in the past few months so I have been reflecting ALOT.
Two of these deaths were grandparents who lived long wonderful lives that made a great impression upon their families including me.  One of these deaths was sudden, unexpected and too soon.
As I attended the last two my Great Grandma A. and my Aunt Kerri I reflected on who I am what legacy I am leaving my children.  If I am teaching them how important family is, how important service to others is.
IF I am being the best daughter, grandaughter, niece mother wife friend and sister that I can be.
I don't believe in dwelling on regrets I believe in moving forward doing better and helping others do the same.  Today as I sat listening to wonderful stories of my Aunt Kerri and other family members I realized I probably wasn't being the best cousin or niece but that I can do better that I will do better.  
I may not be able to be there like I used to because taking care of my husband and children comes first, but I will be there more than I was.  I will teach our children that all of our family is important and that love is never spread too thin.
 

1 comment:

Christy said...

Sorry about your losses. It can be so hard. But you are wonderful and a wonderful example to so many people, not just your family. Love ya.