"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Name Change and other RamblingsA

Well daughter formerly known as Tornado let me know the other day that she really doesn't like that nickname....
Why? I asked..."Because it isn't very nice"  she replied.
So as I pondered this I thought.  In the world "school" for her she doesn't get a choice on whether or not she likes what somebody calls her because they probably wouldn't listen that is how children are...{I know I am mama!}
So at home she should feel comfortable loved and listened too.  Out of respect for my little girl I am changing her aka to simply B.  Why?  Because that is what her K.bug lovingly refers to her as and it makes my heart flutter.
AND because in my mind only I can think B stands for Before the room was clean , Because she is Her own person and has her own style.  Becareful that my hurt.  B is our curious outspoken fun loving laugh out LOUD wear whatever I want not what everybody else does child and B just suits her!
She will be happier with this name and I can have my inside thoughts when I hear B....Because B reminds me that she will B who she is no matter what!
Onto other ramblings of the family.  K.bug is doing really great in school she is so funny she received the award for highest score in Comprehension and Vocab for one of their tests again only  this time it said her score was "only" 75%.  She was upset. I sat her down and explained that if it was only 75% that must have been a difficult test and she must have done really well compared to the others she should be proud not upset.  My answer apparently not good enough, she asked her teacher why her score was only 75%....guess what mama isn't so dumb after all Mrs. G said the same thing!  YAY for mamas!
Jedi is up for review for his Karate class.  He is so excited because this means he gets his Gi and his belt and gets to fight the teacher (without Pads YIKES!).  He loves Karate.  He isn't a sporty kid but this is one he has a passion for.  I am excited to watch him excel in it.
Justin is almost done WOOT WOOT!  Oh my how we can't wait.  His last course ends the end of this month and then we get to see him on Sundays yay us!  Yay him.  Poor guy could use some much needed sleep!  What an incredible example he has set for our children.  I got me a good one I know  :)

No comments: