"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'Tis the Season

Warning this is going to be a spiritual blog. . . .
I follow this blog Lds 12 Step Reflections she is a wonderful writer and always brings me back to remembering simplicity, Christ and all he has done for me (us).
Today I read her blog I invite  you to also it really is uplifting.  She was talking of a family fifty mile bike ride that her nephew put together for them. He planned everything, even a pit car following which he said they would take turns and he would take the first shift.  After quite a while she realized he was still in the car nobody had relieved him.  When she asked him why he said "I have been down this path before I know every turn in the road, I just want to make sure everybody makes it to the finish"  I couldn't help to think of Christ.  He walked this road for us, he came here he put up with ridicule, disbelief, people spitting on him abusing him.  Yet he still walked that walk.....
Then when it is our turn he walks beside us, carries us just to make sure that we make it to the finish.  I am so grateful he is, I lean on him consistently, I pray to him always.  Without him guiding me as I "walk" through this life I don't think I could make it.  Over each pebble I stumble I know he is there to catch me, over each rock I fall I know he dusts me off and says you can do it.
This season is a wonderful time to get back in check spiritually, I love it. People are more apt to talk of Christ  more openly during Christmas which I am grateful for I just wish we could all carry the spirit of the season until the next Christmas.  I am so grateful to have a Saviour who loves me so fully.

No comments: