"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Temple Square 2010

One of my favorite Christmas Traditions with our family is going to Temple Square.  The children love it too.  We decided since Justin is always so busy we had better take the BEAUTIFUL Sunday we had to go (it was such a nice night).  So Justin gave us a wonderful lesson on the reason for the season and we bundled up, forgot hot chocolate and headed to Temple Square.
We decided to catch Trax at Little America and ride in since traffic and parking are a joke this time of year.  Besides the kids love trax.  I was surprised it really wasn't too packed (Trax).  The lights were beautiful as always as was the spirit.  I love those grounds not only is the Temple a dedicated building but the grounds it sits on are also and the spirit is wonderful.
There were a few new things or at new to me.  They have this gorgeous Nativity sitting in the fountain outside the Temple gates....
Then inside the building I call the Mormon Heritage building it is on the south side they have a replica of the Salt Lake Temple showing all the details of the interior it is so neat!  The kids were excited to see what was inside that beautiful building. No picture sorry!
K.bug has always wanted to go to the Conference Center so we went and took at tour it was really fun to see their excitement of the different things like the original paintings and the huge amount of people it can accommodate.  It was all decorated for the Motab and David Archuleta concert which I have tickets too and can't go  :(.....



It was a really fun night I am so glad that we were able to go together as a family.  I can't tell you how grateful I am to know that I will be with my family forever I can't imagine being married to this man for only time and raise these children and never see them again. I am grateful my Heavenly Father knows that family should be Eternal and has given us a way to be.

No comments: