"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Are We Done Yet????

 Wow it has been quite a week! After I finished bragging about being done with my shopping I got a swift kick in the pants for bragging LOL.
Not really but I think it was a blessing to have it done I know Heavenly Father knew that after the next week I would just need to sit and enjoy the spirit of the season.
Saturday Jedi started feeling a bit under the weather, stuffy nose headache just blah....Sunday Tornado started complaining of a stomach ache, headache and not feeling well (these symptoms are all her STREP symptoms), K.bug was congested but was a trooper and said she was feeling pretty good.
Monday the younger two had to stay home they were just sick, Tuesday we decided we better hit the doc for Tornado, I figured Jedi just had a cold.  I headed to after hour care and left Bug with a friend.  Jedi had started to fever so I decided he better come with me when we left our home his temp was 99.3 I gave him Tylenol.  By the time we made the 15 minute drive and sat for 15 minutes at the doc he was 103. He couldn't hold his head up and could barely walk.
The doc decided if it peaked that fast and strong he needed a dose of motrin too.  They tested him for strep negative then the tested him for Influenza A POSITIVE.  Dang!  As we sit in the room waiting for Tornado's strep test to come back (seriously thought we were done with this) I ask Jedi...."So gettin' flu shot is much better than feelin' this way for a week right?"  Immediate response (now keep in mind the kid couldn't even sit up)  "NO".  I couldn't quit giggling.  He HATES shots he was willing to feel this way rather than a pinch for 10 seconds.
Doc comes in well good news is we know what Tornado has bad news is its strep again!!!!!  My jaw on the floor are you freakin' kidding me!  We made her go through surgery so this was over!!!!  So we are now on our 6th antibiotic since September and guess who just said my head and stomach are hurting so bad....Yep Tornado!  Poor kiddo.
By the time Friday rolled around Jedi was warming up to the idea that maybe next year a shot would be a good idea.
I have lost my voice...I know the fam thinks its great.  But I feel wonderful so apparently this is my yearly laryngitis.  So after I made it through teaching with no voice I told Jedi you guys need to pray so I can have my voice back. Jedi: "why?" Me: "So I can yell at ya again"  Jedi: "why can't ya just use it to say you love me"  LOL  Love our kids they rock!
I am ready to sit back, relax and enjoy the spirit of the season.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Get well soon! All of you!

spice2116 said...

i for sure dont believe in the flu shot. lars got it at work this year without talking to me and he has been sick two times since lol. oh well. i hope you guys are feeling better ;)

did you get rid of your weightloss blog? how is your journal working out?