"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Fun

Wow Christmas was fun this year!  It usually is but I love it when it falls on a Weekend then we get Justin longer and.....this year he had the whole week off after so we have had family time which seems to not come as often anymore.
The kids all really loved their gifts this year and enjoyed just relaxing at the house for the most part.  Then Monday we decided to take them skiing for the first time.  Justin learned to downhill ski about four years ago and I learned when I was four but haven't been much since we were married.
We decided that a family lesson would be fun then we could spend the rest of the day playin on the slopes.  The kids picked it up sooooo fast.  I was so excited.  Jedi was a nervous on the big slopes so we took turns hangin' out with him on the bunny hill.  K.bug was so excited because some friends of ours ended up going to the same resort so her and a friend took off after we thought she had enough confidence to do it on her own.  Tornado like everything else in her life took off full speed she loved it, she said even the falling part was funny.
I can't wait to go back again.  I love spending time with our family outdoors and I especially love sharing something that I have loved for as long as I can remember.  I have so many fun memories of my Dad and I skiing together and can't wait to make some family memories with our family.




Here are just a few pics....  Just a funny side note; The one with Jedi and the licorice is after he did an awesome back bend while exiting the ski lift.  The lift operator came out and said "That was the best thing I have seen all day you deserve a treat"  Jedi thought that was so funny.  I couldn't stop laughing I didn't know he was so flexible!  LOL
What a great week!

2 comments:

Valina said...

The kids were excited to be there the same time you were! Glad you guys had a good time!

spice2116 said...

so fun!! the big slopes freaked me out that i slid down on my butt the whole way. lol some people just know how to do it and you guys look like pros