As I sat in church this morning I was filled with such a strong impression that I need to simplify. I have been feeling this way alot lately.
I am what my husband lovingly (haha) refers to as a control freak. I am I know it. I can't stand not to know how things will turn out. I stress out I get ornery I wish I wasn't this way but I am. It causes a ton of anxiety for myself.
I decided to read a few conference talks tonight. I read Pres Uchtdorf (btw I just love this man) Of things that Matter Most. I missed this talk during conference I can't remember why, maybe it is so I would read it and find this quote that I used to title this post. I needed to hear this. I am not sure what else to simplify in my life but I will continue to search I have rid my life of a few things that have been weighing me down and most of it was easy, some leaves me with guilt and anxiety still.
Do you know what I want out of life? I want to know that I helped raise our children to be loving compassionate strong individuals who know what they stand for, who will stand for what they believe in. Who know that their parents loved them, stood behind them and did all they could for them. I want my Husband to know that he is the most important man in my life, that I cherish, love and appreciate him. I want my Heavenly Father to know that I strive to serve my brothers and sisters while I lived on this earth I want the strength to look past the faults of others and keep going. I want to be considered a friend to those around me as my patriarchal blessing states.
My favorite times that I feel most at peace? Playing games with my family. Family Home evening I love listening to Justin's input the strength it gives our family. I love hearing what our children know and understand of their purpose here and the love their Savior has for them. I love reading the scriptures and I value them time I can spend on my knees giving thanks and asking for answers, because I know he is listening (probably slamming his head into a brick wall cuz I ask the same thing too many times).
I am reminded of the object lesson with the Jar, rocks and rice. I need to do the big things. . . .decide what the big things are. . . . then the little stuff will fit. So I guess that is my job the next little while figure it out simplify before I drive myself and my poor family insane. Where to start???? hmmmmm.
1 comment:
i think you started with facebook lol simplify is great once you get it stabilized
Post a Comment