"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Feeling Free......

As many  of you know I have decided to rid  my life of facebook due to a few factors but mainly because I keep getting viruses and crazy spam mail because of it.  I received many comments like you will be back or we will miss you.  But really the truth is I don't miss it I never really used it a whole lot and it really is a waste of time that I could use telling you funny stories of my kiddos.
When I did use it I would find myself spending an hour in no time at all just reading posts and looking at pics.  Such a waste of time when the house and fam are calling my name for attention.
I will miss having contact with those people I don't normally get to have contact with but.....in the grand scheme of things...I won't let K.bug have one 1 because I feel she is too young and there is alot of danger out there with it.  2.  she should be out with friends for real not chatting on a computer and 3. because it wastes soooooo much time.
So why should I be on it either "lessons are better taught by example not word".  I have also seen Facebook destroy a few families because of "connections" and that makes me really sad.  They don't mean for it to happen and it breaks my heart that Satan has trapped some really incredible people.  I am not worried about that aspect I have a rule for myself no ex boyfriends or interests as my friends just makes it safer!
I just want to simplify.  I had a friend from my ward whose hubby asked her to simplify her life and since I heard her say that I have been wondering what I can do to simplify mine and this is one of them it takes up valuable time and there isn't enough as is.
I will continue to blog because this is my journal and it only takes a few moments from each week.  This is something we have been asked to do...Journal this is a good thing.
Alright get on with your days you have wasted too much time with my ramblings!  LOL have a good one see you soon!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I'm thinking about quitting facebook, too. I got on just because I thought I could keep up with Jaret better. But mostly I learn things I don't really want to know anyway. And, really, shouldn't he feel responsible to actually call and talk to his mom once a week, not just post random stuff on facebook and think that's good enough? I do like blogging more, too!

spice2116 said...

good for you!! i am taking the week off of it and it is taking great strength not to go play the games lol so proud of you! ;p