"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Things I am grateful for......



Justin bought this two weeks ago....THANK HEAVENS!!!  It is a water detector.

WET/Dry Shop Vac.....Sooooo much better than towels
Wonderful children that are willing to pitch in and help and only complain when their little backs are tired of bending down. Yet they are still smiling!  (k.bug was at a friends house)
And a helpful pup who tried to drink as fast as she could.....
Last but not least an Amazing husband who after only two hours of sleep and  a 14 hr shift flew out of bed to help his panicked wife save their flooding basement!  
To say the least it was an eventful afternoon.
Some blessings I have seen today in spite of a trial....when I did Jedi's party I had to find a couple pictures of him so I had put the box of pictures up on higher ground saved all of our pictures!  Justin built us shelves in our storage room saved our food storage.
I decided not to run that extra errand that I was going to which only gave the rain water 15 minutes instead of 30.  
We haven't finished the complete basement and only a few inches of the preschool room got wet.
We had visitors last month so the preschool room is disorganized which saved many many of my reading center books, and games.

2 comments:

Valina said...

Wasn't that rain crazy! I felt like we were in Oklahoma again! I'm sorry you got water in your basement, how frustrating.

Unknown said...

It was nuts I loved it until then!