This guy pulls up into a gas station in the country, and asks the grizzled old gas station attendant, “What’re the people like in the next town up ahead?”
The attendant asks, “What were the people like in the town you just came from?”
“Awful people,” the guy responds. “Rude, cold, hostile, uncaring, unfriendly. They wouldn't give me the time of day.”
“Well,” says the attendant with a slight frown, “I’ve got bad news for you: that’s exactly the kind of people you’re going to find at the next town up ahead.”
A bit later, another driver pulls in, heading in the same direction as the first.
“What’re the folks like in the next town up ahead?” the second man asks.
The attendant poses the same question to him: “What were the people like in the town you just came from?”
“Wonderful people,” the second man responds. “Friendly, warm, helpful, patient, kind. They went out of their way to help a stranger.”
“Well,” smiled the attendant, “I'm happy to tell you that you're going to find exactly the same kind of people in the next town up ahead.”
I stole this from a blog I follow Jack Sh*t gettin fit and I loved it because it applies to all of our lives and it is something I personally needed to hear.
1 comment:
now that, my friend is so , so true! Thanks so much for sharing it! ;)Makes a person really stop and think!
Post a Comment