"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Saturday, June 12, 2010

I am a Basket Case!!!!

So my Sis in law down south started doing this Bountiful Basket thing, its full of fruits and veggies that are all US grown (at least they try).  She was getting $60 worth of food for like $15!!!!!  Um yeah and fresh good food!

Guess what it has finally come to my neck of the Woods!  Thank heavens for wonderful Mom-in-laws who find these things out.
Today was pick up day.....This happens every 2 weeks.  It is so well organized I didn't have to wait in a line for Oh an HOUR (food-co-op memories).  I  got there gave my name they yelled 3 BASKETS,  then some other nice lady or gentleman yelled back "3 BASKETS OVER HERE"  motioning to me (yes me in just 2 short seconds).  Then I figured out my first mistake.....didn't bring anything to carry all this yummy goodness in....Oh don't you worry they are prepared for those of us unprepared they had boxes (sopping wet boxes darn rain but boxes).  So I reloaded my 3 baskets and two nice men helped me to my car!
Here is my stash (THANKS MOM).  This is just one basket.  And they have add ons!  We did the Mexican add on which is a whole other stash!  Sunday dinner here we come...I'm thinknin Barbacoa with some fresh tamatillo salsa and fresh tortillas that we got in the add on mmmmm mmmm good!  
Here is the run down:

  • 2 bunch broccoli
  • 1 cantalope
  • 2 coconuts
  • 1 bunch bananas
  • 7 tomatos
  • 9 red potatoes
  • 7 apples
  • 1 bunch leafy lettuce
  • 1 bunch celery
  • lots of green beans
  • about 3 lbs grapes
  • 9 apricots
  • AND A PARTRIDGE IN A PAIR TREEEEEEEEEEE!
I think the Mexican basket was $16 bucks to add on. We got a WHOLE produce box of tomatos 7 dozen fresh tortillas ya know like the Costco ones that you throw on the pan to cook and some of them are as big as a serving platter they are HUGE.  Then we got  4 avacados, 3 onions some peppers jalapeños, a few garlics, I think 10 tamatillos, 1 bunch green onions, bunch cilantro.
They also have bread add ons too and an ALL organic produce basket.  It is more of course cuz it says organic  LOL.  Check it out if your interested I am way excited. OBVIOUSLY!


8 comments:

spice2116 said...

i LOVED doing this while in arizona!!! isnt it fabulous!! makes me want to look here for it

Brandi said...

hmm I'm intrigued! How much do the baskets cost? Do you really feel like you saved any money? Is this the type of thing where you have to volunteer like a co-op?

Unknown said...

You don't have to volunteer you can but don't have to yes we def. saved money for 15 bucks we got all of that stuff! It really is good stuff too.

The Mexi add on was awesome well worth the money check it out. Unlike the co-op this is every two weeks.

Valina said...

Where is this, Tooele by chance? I've checked before and the closest one was in SL. My sister has enjoyed the produce they get.

Unknown said...

valina its at grantsville High! the next one is in two weeks.

Word Verif: Leaph: A leap that doesn't end so well!

Teresa said...

I've been wanting to do this, but didn't know if it was available out here! Tell me how to get in on the next drop!

spice2116 said...

just looked and they dont have one in new mexico :(

verif word: repat - let me repat you down just to make sure you arent hiding anything :p

Shannon said...

i just heard of this the other day... definitely gonna check it out. thanks for the reminder... everything looks DELICIOUS!!