I can get a little OCD like the rest of us Moms I am sure (don't deny it you know you do). I feel like I HAVE to do everything everyday. Unfortunately I usually end up putting the kids fun last.
With living with my in-laws the last few months it has really put family in perspective. I realized how much I have let slip away already. So I turned over a new leaf. I make sure my housework gets done, but I don't clean my bathroom everyday and I don't mop everyday like I used to. In fact we play first and work together later. Things still get done, the house still gets organized and dinner gets done. BUT it gets done together and we have a ton more fun.
That make me Proud!
Oh by the way this is not my idea....I'd hate to take credit for it. A new blogger friend of mine started this a couple of weeks ago and I think we could all use it each week to remember we are not so bad after all . On my side bar it is Espinozas love she does beautiful photography and just has plain fun posts to read , join her in this adventure it'll be fun.
3 comments:
That is a great Mommy Monday. I think it can be hard to balance all we need to do...at least it is for me. But I know that I am happier when I relax and have fun with my kids than when I'm stressed about my house being perfect.
ME TOO! I have SO struggled with this balance since I had children. I DESPISE a MESSY house (at least when it's my own)... you should be very proud that you are taking more time for FUN each day!
THIS summer, my kids and I have been gone MOST days.. at least for a couple hours... doing something fun... and I have to say... we are ALL much HAPPIER!
Thanks for joining me! I hope you come back next week.. I'd love to hear more great ideas about parenting from YOU!
Good idea! I'm a clean first, play later kind of person...I need to change that! Thanks for the good idea chicka!
Post a Comment