We have an incredible Dentist Dr. Ayre. Every year he has a party for all of his patients and their families at Classic fun Center, he pays for swimming, skating and one other activity or a meal ticket. Today was the big day.
We headed over right after my crossing to get into the action. We decided to get the water park done first since the clouds had moved on for the time being. All was going great K.bug was loving the water slide and the other two wanted to try it.
I made Tornado stand in the pool they empty ya into to m ake sure that it wasn't to deep all was well it was only 3 feet, so up she went with Sis. First time way fun, Jedi chickened out decided it was too cold and too long. K.bug and Tornado jump out and go again, wee how fun!
Third time Tornado is screaming down the slide I can see the mat you sit on riding behind her (we all know how tolerable she is to things not going her way). So into the pool she goes with no mat and already steamin' mad. She panics can't remember that she can touch the bottom, is screaming and wailing her arms scared to death that she is drowning I am literally just out of arms reach of her......
I am trying to get her mat to her and get her attention to tell her to put her legs down, but to no avail. So finally being the nice mommy I am I JUMP into the pool FULLY CLOTHED and save my 5 year old who "thinks" she is drowning.
Now to be fair I am sure she immediately had flash backs of when she nearly drowned at age 2(I don't know when it is actually drowning I suppose when you die, she was just blue and not breathing for a split second, when she was 2). Which is why I finally gave in threw my camera and by some miracle my phone and my watch made it out of my pocket and off of my wrist.
Just a side note I don't think they heat their pools AT ALL! Brrrrrr. So off she went to the kiddie pool and all was fine.
p.s. I did have my suit in my bag but decided I didn't need it since the deepest was 3 ft and I was certain she wouldn't go near the slide. That is what I get I guess.
2 comments:
No heat? Sounds COLD!!! One person commented on my blog a bit ago about the first time you hit the pool for the summer. She said "it only hurts for a minute". I thought that was a great explanation of icy waters.
Anyway, looks fun! You have a cool dentist. Mine is cute though, so I think I'll stay! :)
Hope you're feeling better!
knock on wood, I'm still not sick!
Oh WV: gardousch pronounced gardoosh. I HUGE and I mean freaking huge douche.
Now this looks like fun! I want to take my kids there....But i need to get them in swimming lessons first. Congrats on your lot and the hole in it! that is very exciting im sure. Well looks like all is well with you and your family. Hope you had a great 4th of july. we did. and the baby slept through fireworks and all : )
Post a Comment