So I have been a little dingy as I have mentioned in the last few posts. But this one takes the cake. My Dad a man whom I admire and look up to and have some of my most fond memories of. The Man who has given me my love for the outdoors and working out. A man who is stubborn yet so loving and would give his left arm for his family......
Yeah it was his birthday on Friday and guess who forgot! Yep me! Little ol' me so intelligent and thoughtful and sincere old me. I can't believe I forgot. I had just given him a hard time about it just a day or two earlier and then the actual day comes and I MUFF it up! What is my problem. I call Grandma 2 months early and remember my Dad's B-day 3 days late and too late to call. So here I am laying in my bed and I just realize that I have won the daughter of the year award and now I can't sleep! So I am blogging hoping my Mom will read this soon and make him read it too.
I just spent the last 10 minutes texting my regrets and trying to blame it all on my Bro (to think he said it isn't his fault!). He used to take the blame so well as a kid and I didn't even have to ask he just took it, I coulda peed my pants and he would've taken the blame...Yet when I need him to he leaves me hangin'. RUDE.
I have the most wonderful family, I love them with all of my heart, I promise I don't mean to be so forgetful and next year I won't forget because I will be in a normal (as much as I can be) spot.
Sorry Dad I really do love you and I really wouldn't be who I am today without you. Drink your prune Juice and enjoy the scenery from the porcelain God, because that's as good as life gets at your age!!!! Love you, Your forgetful dorky takes after her father daughter! (did ya catch how i tried to blame it on my genes)
1 comment:
Don't worry! Your dad will forgive you!
If it makes you feel any better, I didn't call my dad at all on his b-day. I had his present for at least a week before the day, but didn't mail it until about 2 days AFTER his b-day!
Post a Comment