"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"Bad S"

So ya know when you are deep in thought or elbow deep in dishes or what not that you get deep in while you are a mother and you hear your child say something and you pray it isn't what you thought they said?....
That is exactly what happened yesturday while doing homework. There we sat around the kitchen table doing our math reading and english. Tornado was tracing her letters and Jedi and K.bug were both doing their never ending math packets (so they think). When all of a sudden Tornado yelled in her most frustrated voice "WHAT A BAD S" Well you can only imagine what I thought she said. My chin is still bruised from hitting the table when it fell open.
Only when I seen her erasing like a mad woman did I realize that she said S not A**. Phew wipe the brow. Then laugh hysterically at the fact that I heard wrong and she was so confused as to why I was staring at her like that. She then says "don't worry mom I can fix it." What a silly girl.
On the subject of homework. Jedi and I got into it the other day, they teach children how to do double digit math so retarded now (yeah cuz it isn't my way). Here was the problem....89+29= Well he kept getting a lower number than 29 HELLO it is addition that is impossible! For 45 minutes we argued and I threatened to throw him away. I finally convinced him of the right answer kind of and we moved on. Thank heavens there wasn't another one.
Why do they have to screw up perfectly good things...If it ain't broke don't fix it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my little Dani this so reminded me of the instance with you as a child. Remember me talking about you at about7-8 and Dustin 3-4 when you two were playing in your room and you came running out to tell me that Dustin had a heart on, now spoken quickly as you ran out I got a whole different version more on th ault side I heard hard not heart. Love you and miss you so much Mom

Anonymous said...

I didn't finish sorry he just had a heart stuck to his shirt now everyone will know why you are you love mom

Unknown said...

LOl I do remember you telling me that story and look how I turned out.

p.s. word verif...duche....uh well you know what that is right I don't think I could come up with anything "clean" at this point. LOL

spice2116 said...

ok the posts were funny but i think the comments were even funnier lol i do this all the time thats is when i crank up the hearing aids