"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A day in the life of Tornado....


So just for fun, because I am out of Holiday ideas and time, I thought I would spotlight each one of my adorable hilarious kiddos. This time it is Tornado, she is always last because she is youngest so why not be first....


A day for Tornado goes like this.... Wake up sit in front of clothes swearing she has nothing to wear but a pink dress with a sweatshirt and Levis underneath and to top it all off Snow Boots.... Then we usually walk into the wall somewhere between, breakfast and getting our coat on to go to school.


Then She goes to school, complains because she has to carry her backpack(backpack for a reason right?) in one hand a drawing from a friend in the other so it is simply impossible to open the van door... then she tells me all about school and begs to go to Wendy's for a chicken burger with mayo on one bun and ketchup on the other ("so they can't mix and make fry sauce cuz it is DISGUSTING")...I say "no", so she settles for a cookie cutter sandwich with just jelly and sometimes Mayo (yeah I know it is gross).


After eating she ALWAYS has to clean her tornado of a face and generally runs into the kitchen wall or hits her head on the bathroom counter while doing so??


Then we read all the books in the house, sparing the instruction manuals for our appliances! Then she begs to play with her best friends who are inevitably at school (thanks alot Brandi! LOL).


Skipping down a few, bedtime....she swears she was first for showers last night (every night) then says okay to a bath if she can play with her doll too. She usually can't find any underwear (maybe cuz she changes it every morning and night!) So then I find some and she puts her robe on, argues with me that I didn't tie it in a double knot which translates in Tornado language to a bow.


Then it is tuck in time, she runs to her room screaming for only me to tuck her in, so of course dad runs in as fast as he can to torment and bite her cheeks good night and hold her down to throw the covers over til, I come to her rescue!


That is my Tornado, and I am not exaggerating on her running into walls, in fact she fell down the stairs twice today, hit her mouth on the edge of the coffee table and bumped her head on the counter all before 3 pm.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Oh, I love little Tornato! Tell her I'm so glad I got to see her today! She's getting so dang big!!!