Like I said earlier I am just so grateful this month, not that I'm not any other month, with things that have taken place in our lives , it's made it so much more definable (is that a word LOL).
I have the sweetest little girl, she absolutly loves to serve and to find nice things to do for others. Her and a friend were trying to figure out things to do for the day, I should start by saying in their class or grade the coolest thing to do right now is invent clubs, running, ball, jumprope etc....
So these two wonderfully loving little girls have decided to make a Secret Santa club. They started just the two of them by raking up my neighbors leaves, being ever so cautious not to get caught (then they found out she was out of town LOL).
That wasn't enough for them in thier much older ways of thinking,than their 8 & 9 year old minds should hold they thought, if we had more girls we could help more people.. So they made invites with parental permission slips (not my idea theirs!) Then they held a meeting at recess on Monday morning to brain storm...
So their first official get to work meeting was monday night and they have decided to write letters to the sick children at Primary Childrens Hospital so they can deliver them there to make them smile.
The first snow, they are going to be secret snow elves and shovel drive ways! They are only 8 and 9 mind you, they have so many other wonderful ideas planned.
I love the unconditional love they hold in their little bodies. So I am grateful for the example that my 9 year old sets for me!
1 comment:
We could all be a little bit more like the secret santa club kids!
What great role models for all of us grown ups!
Post a Comment