I love the feeling right after Thanksgiving, well after are the anxiety of Black Friday Shopping LOL.
You know that FeeLinG when you bring out the Christmas Music and start putting the tree up....the feeling of looking through ornaments and ReMiniscING on how your children have grown and the wonderful memories you had each year (yeah I am crying already).
We have a TradiTion we started with our children, each year we have either picked an ornament or they have picked it themselves it is always something they are interested in or that has reminded us of them from the past year. I love this tradition, it makes me so HaPpY when we hang them but so sad in my heart to realize I have already gone through 9 years of mommyhood.
One of my favorite TradiTions I remember as a child is always going to Grams' house to decorate their tree, my cousins would always come and help, Pops always had the PinE NuTs cookin on their wood burning stove, I remember loving to hang the plastic icicles (not the stringy things) and the plastic candy canes. I remember the smell of their house, how cozy it felt and safe I felt to be there. They would always have the lights done and we would just hang the rest of the ornaments It would look alot like mine does by the end... a ChilDreN's TrEe the way it should be, then we would usually finish with either Grams famous chili or Chicken soup. YUMMY!
I LOVE Christmas, it is one of my favorite times of the year, so I will probably share more memories this month hope you don't get bored.
Here are some pics of us decorating, this year we had extra help from Tornado's friend.
One of my favorite TradiTions I remember as a child is always going to Grams' house to decorate their tree, my cousins would always come and help, Pops always had the PinE NuTs cookin on their wood burning stove, I remember loving to hang the plastic icicles (not the stringy things) and the plastic candy canes. I remember the smell of their house, how cozy it felt and safe I felt to be there. They would always have the lights done and we would just hang the rest of the ornaments It would look alot like mine does by the end... a ChilDreN's TrEe the way it should be, then we would usually finish with either Grams famous chili or Chicken soup. YUMMY!
I LOVE Christmas, it is one of my favorite times of the year, so I will probably share more memories this month hope you don't get bored.
Here are some pics of us decorating, this year we had extra help from Tornado's friend.
2 comments:
It looks lovely!
We do the ornament thing at our house too! When our kids get married, we will box them up and give them to our kids so that they can have ornaments on their first tree.
It will be a sad day when we have no more kids' ornaments on our tree.
That is our plan too it is sad to think one day we won't have them here decorating our tree! I have started gathering little ones every couple of years to remind me of Justin and I too.
Post a Comment