I was listening to the radio station with non stop Christmas Music yeah you know the one, the one that starts right after Halloween!
I heard a few songs there and then also at the Desert Star Theater last night, that reminded me of Christmas with my Parents.
First of all every christmas morning I remember my Mom makin omlets (in the yellow omlete maker), my Dad loungin' on the couch enjoying our giggles and excitment from the presents and of course music (it was rare in our house that music wasn't playing, good classic rock and roll usually). My dad was always in black shorts with his hair all a mess from sleeping and I am sure exhausted because we (Bro and I) were always up from 2 a.m. on trying to get them to let us open our gifts.
My next memories these songs brought on was when my dad used to work alot (darn that Kennecott) We would listen to this one Christmas CD it was a country one but it will always be my favorite, it had A candle burning which I have included in this blog, there is a part where they are singing that exact phrase and it still today reminds me of my dads voice. I remember getting choked up even as a child when I heard that voice because I missed him so much and still today as I listen to it, I miss him (yeah I know you're only a phone call away!). Wow this Holiday has added more tears to my eyes for some reason!
The other song is Winter Wonderland, again on this blog.... this brings back memories of my Mom and I...... I remember standing in the kitchen just bein' really goofy like my mom and I usually did and making up our own silly words to this song, something about prespiring and who knows what else, I even remember the smell of the kitchen. I love music (tho not musically inclined other than rockband) it always brings memories rushing in and Christmas Music always brings the best memories.
Thank you MOM and DAD for a happy childhood filled with fun memories!
3 comments:
What a nice post! I love how you have the songs and the memories you have associated with them!
I wish I could do the same kind of post. Most of my memories of music and parents are of pink floyd, led zephlyn, the who... and pot. No joke! So I'm happy you have warm fuzzy music memories! Your parents sound awesome! (I think that's the reason I like to make music fun with my kiddies)
I have those music memories too just not with Pot! More of Air Geetar (My dad of course)
you are such a sweetheart!! i am glad you had happy childhood memories!! makes me want to make happy memories for my kiddos. then again maybe not :p jk
Post a Comment