Hello everybody. It has been yet another week and i have slacked at keeping up on our blog. We were able to go camping this weekend YAY!!! We had so much fun. While most of you melted in 100 degree weather I was basking in the cool breeze among a lake, trees and a beautiful meadow full of yellow and purple flowers.
Not to mention some seriously fun ATV rides. (LOTS OF MUD PUDDLES) The girls decided to take off and leave the boys with the kids for a while to have a little (2 hour) adventure on the wheelers. Well we all thought we knew just exactly where we were going and that we would just end up looping back around (now the majority of us had been here at least 10 years) but none of us obviously payed any attention. So we took a wrong turn, that we thought was right ( we should have guessed when we had to physically move big logs off of the trail, they we nearly fell off the side of the mountain because the trail was so hairy. So we all put our Wonderwoman Muscles on and lifted the 4-wheelers into position to go back down the hairy trail and back to the appropriate trail (we hoped) There all better but then we came to the end of where we thought we knew where we were going.
So we turned around and headed back the same way we came without the extra turn off of course.
On the way back we ran into some other adventurous riders (men of course) and they thought it would be great if we pulled to the side of the cliff we were riding on so they could get by. And of course because we are all She-Ras we did and then the guy (as I had my foot against a tree so me and my husbands beloved wheeler didn't tumble down the mountain) almost tipped his Rhino into me (Rhino: beefed up golf cart with 4 wheel drive) I had to hold him and me up until he got his footing again, then off he went not stopping to make sure we can make it back onto the path. RUDE but just so you know I did! (very sweaty and shaky but I did)
Then we get about 10 minutes down the trail and I realize hmmm my phone is no longer in my bra (yes my bra it is a safe place so I thought) Not so to think I payed money to fill it out and it still doesn't hold my cell phone good! LOL! So I had to turn back to find it. (which is okay because I got to go vroom vroom fast! I found it all in one piece even.
It was an awesome adventure and of course we pulled back into camp like we did it all on purpose and knew exactly where we were going because, well because we didn't want them to poke fun!
It was an incredible weekend very hard to come back. I can't wait to get back. The kids love it there they get to be covered in dirt and play in the water what better way to spend the weekend.
1 comment:
How fun! I have never been 4 wheeling, but it seems like it would be a total blast!
Funny story about your brazier (spelling?) I'ld like to pay to fill mine up too, but for now, I put my "girls" in my drawer every night before I go to bed :(
Post a Comment