"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, September 30, 2012

End of Softball/Bday Pics/Shopping Fun


I am pretty sure she wished she wouldn't get older anymore (okay maybe that was me)

Grandma and Grandpa even joined us for cake and gifts.

It was birthday time again, I thought I would share a few pics of what she did for her birthday.  this is the meal she chose...Yep ladies and gentleman she likes good food.  She wanted Lobster Tail, shrimp and potatoes.  The butcher felt so bad for me he gave it to me for half price  LOL.  Not really he was just a nice guy.  She loved it so it was totally worth me gagging over making it {Thanksgiving dinner is still worse}.
I love to be able to give them their special dinner on their birthdays and really this was a piece of cake thanks to my mom who walked {laughed} and talked me through it. 
She asked for money for her birthday so that she could go on a shopping spree and everybody was happy to have an easy gift to give.  We were finally able to do that shopping trip this weekend with one of her friends in tow.  We headed tot he Temple first with our ward and then stayed behind to visit the new City Creek Mall.  It was really cool, a little pricey for my taste but still tons of fun with these two hanging around.


















She really wanted this jacket until she realized how much it was LOL she is so my child.

Yeah my mannequins are so much cuter don't ya think.



 Dirty Dash
It was finally Dirty Dash time, I was so excited to go get muddy with my girlfriends.  We had a great team name Dirty Housewives we spent time making cute shirts to get destroyed.  I had plans all summer to train so that it wasn't as hard to do and well that didn't workout so well.  Life just gets in the way too much.  
But we did it anyway and we all had so much fun.  Sara unfortunately sprain her ankle two weeks before and we were worried she wouldn't make it but she is one tough chick and she totally kept up and had no complaints, I tell ya I pick some tough friends.  :)  
Originally there were going to be 4 of us but Sara missed the opportunity to sign up then our other friend Callee had a reunion to attend, she ended up giving her spot to Sara, next year it will be all of us and maybe a few more I CAN'T WAIT.  Seriously it is consuming my mind I had so much fun!
When we started we thought it was just a 5k but to our surprise there was an option for a 10k, we decided we would see a the 5k mark how things were going, but once we were there, there was no way we were stopping so we finished it up.  Thank heavens because we would have missed so many fun obstacles.
The worst part by far was the ICE COLD showers, oh my gosh I had never had a brain freeze from the outside in before.  It was sooooooo cold.
I am so grateful to my wonderful family for sticking it out in the heat for 3 hours to support me in this crazy run.  I know it wasn't terribly fun for them but it meant the world to me to have them standing at different obstacles cheering us on and having our own camera crew.  They are the best.

Before

Yeah that look is for the Big guy in the shorts and tie, at lease he one a hat!

Oh it may look like she is giving me a hand but NO she is pulling me down!!!!!

Muddy Rope Climb

Can you tell where I am hahahha we all look the same

Yep that is me laughing so hard that I can't move It was so slippery!

The end....well until next year!







The End of the Softball Season
We took second and it was a blast I am so glad she had the opportunity to play with such great girls and great coaches.  It has given her a greater love for the game.
Family Fun
We finally got to meet that adorable bundle of Joy.  Oh he was a cutie and just so sweet.  The kids were so excited to love him up...but probably not as excited as I was.  I did really well and didn't hog him.  ;)



A friendly game of football with the uncles and cousins.  I treasure these moments and memories that we get to have together they always create lasting laughs.

No comments: