"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Monday, July 2, 2012

Girls Camp 2012 Be Your Own Beautiful

 BYOB

Girls camp is always something to look forward to. 
The Camp Fire,
The food,
The girls out of the church enviroment,
All the hysterical things you find out about them....
Girls camp is where it is!
This year K.bug was able to go.  You have to be 12
to go to Girls camp in our church and usually you go
for 4-5 days.
This year we headed to a quiet spot up North.
It was beautiful full of trees and fun little tent spots
A little Stream and the best part a Tree Swing.
On the way up we stopped to see the new Temple being built in Brigham City it was beautiful. This is where our first little spiritual experience happened. 
You see the camp directors really wanted to be able to have the girls tour the Tabernacle across the street from the Temple, since the temple isn't ready for tours yet. Only it doesn't open until 12:00 well we were there at 10:00.  But we were blessed to have a little old man that was painting the exterior of the Tabernacle there {blessed in more than one way we had two cars full of girls who rode with the men who got them Humongous Sodas for the way up!!!!} 
Not only did we get to use the restroom, he was filled with all kinds of interesting facts about the temple and the Tabernacle.  Like the fact that the two of them are set up exactly parallel from each other.  As he told us that I thought what a great symbolization of how we should set our lives parallel to Christs and that our doors should line up with his.
Tabernacle and Temple

Our Crew feeling the relief  :)
Once we were settled into the camp grounds the girls immediately found the tree swing...Oh my gosh they had soooo much fun on it.  I had soooo much fun taking pictures of them on it they were so funny! 

Day 2 we went on a 4.5 mile hike around the lake not too far from our camp ground.  The lake was beautiful but posted was a huge sign {that I lack a pic of} Swim at your own risk this lake contains Swimmers Itch.....Ummmm yeah we will stay out!  It was a beautiful walk/hike.  We stopped half way to have lunch and talked about following the Lords commandments and the blessings that we receive from doing so.  It was a great hike and the girls did wonderful!
K.bug and one of the girls that I would claim as mine any day of the week!
After our hike the camp leaders had such a fabulous idea we headed to a home at near the lake that one of the leaders family owned and had swim pool pedicures...oh it was divine after walking all that way.  Most of them didn't even care to paint their nails they just wanted to take advantage of the that cool CLEAN water.
Oh yeah this is the life!
Left to right Jacobe {not her real name just our nickname for her} another one I will keep, K.bug and the yet another I would keep, And one of our fabulous camp leaders!
We also did Skits this night because what is camp without skits!!!!!  We give them a bag of random objects and an idea they can use to center a skit around. . . It is so much fun to see what they come up with!

They taught us how NOT to pray!

Oh yes and camp songs!!!!!
Day 3 we went on a duck hunt.  As the girls quickly searched the nearby area for hidden ducks I thought of how Heavenly Father is constantly sending people to search for his lost little ducklings {or sheep if ya wanna get biblical}.  Some of the ducks had slips of paper attached to them and each one was a line to a poem reminding the girls of who they were and to keep their integrity.  They were then able to disperse to a quiet spot along the stream and read scriptures and write in their journals some of the feelings they had....Yet another great activity!

Aren't the headbands cute too!
We really had a great time I sure enjoyed being able to be there with my K.bug.  She is quite fun to be around and all of those girls sure melted my heart, what a great group we have!



This quacker is how we called the girls for all the meals and activities!  So funny!

3 comments:

The story of a girl.. said...

Looks like so much fun!! The pictures were beautiful!

Christy said...

Fun!!! Isn't it wonderful to go with your daughter!! I got to go with mine this year, too! We are so blessed. =) I took Chey past the BC temple too and took pics.

Hey, did you hear that Rachael Spencer is going on a mission? To Canada. Isn't that great?

We should get together sometime and do something!!

Love and miss ya!

Tausha said...

Dani-
I had to come and visit your blog because I knew that we weren't meant to be friends if we both loved new kids before there NKOB! I loved this post about your girls camp. How wonderful it was that you were there when the painter was there and he was able tell the you the symbolism of the buildings being across from each other. It gave me goose bumps. Also-the after hike pedi-genius, pure genius. Pinning that idea for next year. You said in your comment that you and your daughter found a rug for her locker? A rug? I am totally confused..please help me understand. (sometimes I am a little slow) Thanks for stopping by, I consider us forever friends now!
Have a happy weekend!

Tausha
sassystyleredesign.com