"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Thursday, January 5, 2012

K.bugs scripture translation

So those of you who are not LDS will be totally lost when I go into this story, but I will try to explain as best I can.
Tonight while we were reading our scriptures we asked K.bug how she was doing on her race with her friend (they are racing to see who can read the Book Of Mormon first).  Justin and I also started reading it together after we were given a challenge from another member at church, so we were trash talkin' a bit. 
We asked her why she hadn't gotten very far......
K.bug I got bored
Us-Why?
K.bug- I swear there was like ten verses about Lehi and the fanfest!  It was so boring!
Us-(with very confused looks on our faces and trying not to laugh) FANFEST?
K.bug - ya know where the whole fanfest was pointing and laughing and gathered together......
Us- (by this time I am crying I am laughing so hard)  Justin says you mean Lehi's dream of the Tree of Life and the Big and Spacious Building???
K.bug- Yeah I guess
Justin says...I think Heavenly Father forgot about her generation while he was giving inspiration for writing!
I am still giggling to myself a Fanfest  it was so funny.
Love these moments the most. 
Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

COOLWHIP said...

Look how grown up your kids are. I have been horrible at keeping up on mine, yours and others blogs. Hope you guys are happy. I miss seeing you and your kids.
Word verification. Berspi- A south American monkey, usually grey in color.

Unknown said...

LOL