I love this time of year {especially when it is unseasonably warm}.
I love to drive or walk down a street and see the fall leaves fluttering to the ground.
I love to see the lawns covered in Gold and Red.
I love to hear the crunch of a fall leaf under foot.
In fact I intentionally crunch them as I walk.
I remember this is something I have done since I was a child.
I love fall for the changes. I am a person who can embrace change.
I love the crispness it brings to my mind my surroundings.
I love to learn something new and find my way using it.
I think that is why I love Fall, and the same reason I love Spring. I think both seasons are such a great blessing for us all. If we can just sit and ENJOY the sounds and sights of each new season, that God intended for us all to enjoy.
I realize change can also be
intimidating
scary
annoying
But I think God gives us changes to help us grow, to understand that there is more out there for us to find. He puts certain people in our path so that we may learn and grow with them. That we too may see the beauty that they see and they may find the beauty that we see.
I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who UNDERSTANDS my needs so fully. Who wraps his arms around me daily to give me comfort, joy and understanding. I am grateful for a Savior who loved me so much that he GAVE his live for me, he didn't have to he CHOSE to. I wonder frequently if I CHOOSE to GIVE enough. If I repay him enough. I realize I will NEVER be able to even my debt to him{this is big for me I hate DEBT :)}, for which I am grateful.
Being able to serve those I love, or those I don't even know, is something that I LOVE. I feel like in those moments I am standing by his side.
I have made mistakes in my life that I am not proud of, and he has given me the chance to be FORGIVEN because he GAVE his life for me!
So when I can stand tall and know that
I am doing his work, that I smiled at another one of his children, or GAVE of my time, money or talents {because if it were not for him I would not have these} to help bring some peace to their heart.
I rejoice with him, and thank him for the change that happened in my heart so long ago.
Thank him for giving me the understanding that I needed, the forgiveness of those around me, but more importantly the forgiveness of myself. Because if I could not have forgiven myself what good would his sacrifice had been.
I would have STOPPED my progression along with hindering the progression of the ones I love most.
Remember when he sends change our way, just like in the Fall and Spring there is something to EMBRACE.
FIND it,
LEARN it and
LOVE HIM.
He knows ALL we know so little. Embrace him in each task you take on. It will amaze you how clearly you can see where he wants you to go.

No comments:
Post a Comment