"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Daddy Time

Since Justin has started his new position we have seen him a whole lot more (YAY!).  It has been so awesome for the children especially because there were many nights he would come home to them sleeping, not so fun for a family.  Then he would have to work all weekend.  We missed him so much.  So in the last couple of months we have soaked up as much lost time as we can.  This weekend in between all of the birthday events Justin decided he wanted to take a hike in the mountains by our house.  The whole family was the plan but then we decided B would be too tired for her party that night, so the older two got some much needed Dad time.
He said they were quite the troopers, but were definetly tired by the time they arrived at the lake. 
He told me that when they were about 100 yards from the lake they still couldn't see it over the hill and K.bug asked can we just turn back I am tired.  He said no we have come this far there is nowhere else to go it has to be here over the hill there is no reason to turn back. 
After I listened to him tell me this story I thought of our Heavenly Father and how he must feel that way about so many of us.  We get just about there just about to where we understand and can partake of the fruit of his and our labors and turn back without receiving that reward and inevitably have to turn around and make the trek again another day to see if we can get there this time.  I am so grateful for our Heavenly Fathers loving guidance the way he waits so patiently for us to all return to him.
I have received that kindness I know of his love for me of his joy when I finally reached "the lake".  I am so grateful to be able to have my family all of them!  I can't imagine living here without all of the people we are surrounded by at this time what a beautiful world we are given. 
Here are the pics that he took on their hike.  (I love that he thought to take pics for us!)
So beautiful how could you not believe in God after seeing something so beautiful

Aren't they just adorable...sorry blogger wouldn't load it the correct way  :(

Ahhh the reward

1 comment:

Teresa said...

You need a "LIKE" button on your blog. Thanks for sharing. I love the comparison to the gospel.