"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Friday, July 29, 2011

Girls Camp

Have I said lately how much I love the Young Women program.  I know that Heavenly Father knows me if not just for the fact that he keeps letting me be a part of this incredible program four our Young Women. 
Girls camp was this past week and what a beautiful experience.  We had so much fun.  Our Stake (not LDS? a stake is a group of wards which are groups of people that meet together at the same time for church that live in the same general area) was very inspired this year to have girls camp just a little different.  
Normally each Ward camps together, but we still get together with the others Young Women in our Stake during our camp for devotionals and such.  
This year they had the girls camp in Years (1st year,2nd etc....)  There were alot that were not so happy about this situation....I could see the purpose and was excited!
To throw another curve in it, just because you were a leader didn't mean that you would be a Cabin Mom....WHAT  yeah all of us who love our Y.W. were a little sad.  But those of us who could see what could happen from this were again excited.  
I was one lucky Leader who was able to go YAY!!!! Double  YAY.  This was my first experience as a Leader at camp and I was stoked! (does that statement date me?)
So to start out we ended up with the most amazing girls I was so excited we had a group of 10 that were first years most were pretty sporty girls and just really down to earth it was so fun!  They loved to prank and laugh and laugh and talk and talk and did I mention prank yes mostly us leaders!
It was so much fun I only knew 3 of the ten before we went and adopted all ten when we left  :)
The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and.....

hmmm not so round? yep we broke down!

Numero 7 not so lucky! (psst...don't send the same bus to pick us up it breaks down then too!)

So here we sat waiting for our Knight in shining armor playing games...guess what the girls were awesome we were here for one and a half hours still they were excited

making decorations!

and they called her princess attitude...really I don't see it hahaha

Trying learn the songs....Oh what fun songs they are!
What strong wonderful Young Women you parents are raising.  I know that they can make a difference in this world keep up the good work.  We need these Young Women to lead strong faithful families one day!

 

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Oh my gosh - I am so with you. I love serving in the YW. We had a bus brake down on too going to trek. Mmmmm wonder if it was the same bus ;) It looks like camp was fun.

berlee said...

You're awesome Dani! Girls camp was so much fun.

Christy said...

Girls Camp is so fun!! I got to go this year, too. =) What a blessing to just be a daughter of God in the beautiful wilderness, letting your hair down with other Daughters!! LOVE IT!!