| Waiting for the Snorkel training video |
Jedi didn't want to try it, we figured he wouldn't he loves water and swimming just not creatures when he does :).
So Justin's Mom sat out with him while we all went in lookin' for anything but eels and sharks hee hee. We spent around 4 hours here playing in the water and enjoying every second of it. When we took a break for some snacks we made some friends with the pigeons or at least Justin's Dad did.
| Hanuma Bay |
| Jedi opting out :P |
| K.bug showin B the ropes |
| AAHHH what kind of fish is that! |
| Justin and B |
| Can you say awesome Dad...Yep and he is mine |
| This is unreal I swear there were 10 on him!!! |
Wow Day 5 was Pearl Harbor. I knew this would be an emotional day, I planned on it. But it really did hit my heart it was hard to keep the tears at bay. I don't think I could fully understand the emotions of that day those years.
It is unreal to see those sunken ships, to see the names of the soldiers who died for us to fight for our freedom.
I apparently slept through history class (yes of course I did I didn't like history) Because it was the first time I remember hearing why Pearl Harbor happened, why we became part of WWII.
| This is in the Submarine that I refused to go in (not a fan of close quarters) |
| My future soldier ringing the bell, he loved this day (he is his Daddy's boy) |
| Can you say Titanic! |
| Boat ride to the Pearl Harbor Memorial and Missouri |
| did you know those who died after this ended can be buried with the other men in the Arizona? They get cremated and a scuba diver takes them to their final resting place inside the Arizona. |
| The Missouri, they had Ipods for us to listen to the immense History of the ship (yep I picked and chose which I wanted to hear some of us never change) |
| Wiped out at the Aviation Museum (this was the only day she had a tummy ache we did so well) |
2 comments:
What a fun vacation! YOur kids will remember it forever. So glad you guys got to go!
Congrats on getting to go to Hawaii!! How exciting!!! So fun. I didn't know that about being buried in the Arizona. Wow! I wonder how many will actually choose that... What a wonderful vacation--have fun!!!!
Post a Comment