We planned to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center and the Hawaiin Temple. Thank heavens it was a beautiful day. The temple was beautiful and it was such a great experience to be able to take the children to have a spiritual experience while we were on vacation. I loved being able to walk into the visitors center and see the Christus and feel "at home". I loved feeling the spirit and knowing wherever I am that I am a daughter of God that he LOVES me and is there for me.
| all of us in front of the temple |
| The flowers are always so beautiful on the temple grounds |
| This pic really isn't this way in my files but I can't get it to import right |
| This is off of Jedi's Camera he said mom pose like me |
Because I am slow I had no idea that the LDS church decided to start the Poly Center to help the college students get through school. I thought that was so incredible there were so many things that just amazed me. I also learned that faith can carry you a long way. The prophet (forgive me I can't remember which one) had told the people to move closer to the water and that soon there would be plenty of water to sustain them and that their little Island would flourish and help sustain them through their lives. Then they were able to build the college and get their citizens educated further and as it stands today because of their faith and diligence it has happened.
| again our personal photographer Jedi took this one at the Poly Center |
| Tonga Village this was hysterical! |
| In Samoa the men prepare all the food |
| The adults trying to weave with leaves in the Samoa Village |
| Yep still tryin' |
| I think this says it all! LOL |
| love it when they show their sisterly love (Jedi didn't want to try) |
| See Grandma not so hard :) |
| Canoe Parade each village did a few dances on a canoe in the canal so fun |
| Everywhere we went B found a flower I mean EVERYWHERE so funny |
| Jedi |
| K.bug |
| Learning the Hula |
| on a potty break one of our guides took the kids to get their tribal tatoo |
| New Zealand was one of my favorite village I felt so much love there |
| Our dinner yep thats a real pig |
No comments:
Post a Comment