Let me count the ways...... 10 0'clock day 1
2 O'clock day 1
10 O'clock day 2
2 O'clock day 2.....then the sadness sets in because well it will be another six months before I get to hear those wonderful messages that speak right to my soul.
This time I prayed and prayed and searched for the things I needed to hear before conference. I knew that Heavenly Father would listen and answer my prayers.
I had concerns for our children the way that I was parenting. I wanted to know if I was doing it right and how I could improve, how we could help them develop their faith. How to help them develop into good members of society that have empathy and a desire to serve others.
I had concerns for my "adopted teens" (they yw in our ward). I wanted to know how I could reach them. How to make sure they know how much I love them and how much Heavenly Father does, that I truly consider them one my children as do the other women I work with.
I received so many answers so much comfort.
Some of my favorite quotes I wrote down:
" He will fight our battles if we are faithful"
"Persecution can either crush you or motivate you to be more exemplary"
"It takes faith to obey commandments and obeying them strengthens faith"
"Do not let fear displace your faith"
"the future is as bright as your faith"
"Teach your children on faith teach them to know they are children of God and were sent here with a divine purpose"
"Be a Guardian of Virtue"
What a wonderful weekend.....Okay minus the basement flooding and a huge lack in sleep because of it, and the lack of fun with
But hey when I prayed that it would stop raining he sent snow instead, normally I would not thank him for snow in April, but this time I thanked him through tear streaked cheeks.
I hope you all enjoyed your weekends as much as I did.
1 comment:
Love it!! Conference is always a spiritual feast! Hope the flooding problem wasn't too bad and got remedied...
Post a Comment