"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, March 27, 2011

F.H.E.

So in our church { L.D.S. }we have this thing called FHE {Family Home Evening}.  Love it am I so good at it no!  But I try...correction we {Hubby and I} Try.  It just seems that time slips by so quickly some weeks. 

What is the purpose of FHE you ask?  Why to spend time with your wonderful family...Sometimes we have a lesson on Christ or principles of the Gospel sometimes we just play a game but we ALWAYS have a great conversation, tons of fun and yummy treats.

 This week it was B's turn to plan so she found an article in the Friend {a church magazine for the lil' ones} It was titled How to stay safe from worldly things.  She picked a song and thought Mom could play it with her minimal skills (hahahaha) so she chose another song....Tell me the stories of Jesus which we all knew the tune to {so we thought} and we attempted to sing it...when I say attempted I mean attempted LOL. 
Then we had prayer a scripture that we are all trying to learn together {decided to go with the primary one for each month..Thanks Teresa!}
Then on to the lesson  B read her stuff and I asked questions to get everybody more involved to see if they understood.... I asked what does it mean that even though things are hard right now it won't always be?

Jedi: let me tell you by giving you an example of a pop bottle...so you know how if ya like pop ya have to get the bottle open...well when you are little it is hard but as you get bigger it is easier so you just have to keep trying...

 Mom: {with a bit of a smile} great parable buddy
 Dad: Huge smile and a lil giggle
 Jedi: I also have a scripture I want to share from primary Matt 7:7 tells how if you ask you can get it but you have to ask and let him in.
 OH wait I have another...
B: {with a huge sigh and huffy breath} This is MY lesson

Lesson moves on it was lovely...
 B: {she is wrapping up with a final question} So How can we stay safe
 Jedi: By wearing a helmet {always a comedian}
K.bug: depends on from what....by praying
Dad: Listening to the Holy Ghost
Jedi: going to church and the temple because that is where you can feel the spirit the most everyday
Dad: Listen to the prophet
Mom: Having good friends

I LOVE FHE but my most favorite part is that we bare our testimonies {okay and treats!} at the end.  I love to here Justin bare his testimony....maybe because it was his testimony and his example that brought me to this wonderful church.  But for sure because it is strong and unwavering and he shares it with the children in a simple manner that they understand.  Boy do I ever love that man.
I love Family Home Evening I love this gospel.  I love the simple truths.  I love knowing that if I only do what I have been asked...follow the commandments, serve those around me and take the name of Christ upon me I will return to My Heavenly Father, and I will have my family with me. I love being a Daughter of God and knowing what that means...That no matter how alone I may feel....I AM NOT.....AND EITHER ARE YOU!

1 comment:

Christy said...

So cute!! I need to share my testimony on my blog more. =) Thanks for your example. =)