We have been remodeling rooms....So much fun and on a shoestring...Because well Mama is a cheap girl! So an old piece of cardboard some nut cans a cookie tin from and a sprinkle jar all from the Christmas season turned into......
This Wall here....In K.bugs room which she chose to be a Movie Star Room! We also found a cute picture holder at Ikea for 1.50 and bedspreads for 16.00 at Target by chance that ALL matched the colors they chose for their rooms!
Picture Born to Shop in style from Home Goods my awesome friend found while she was shoppin in SL.
Curtains are upcycled from some old satin sheets I have had for a few years and never used...I hate chasin my pillow in the middle of the night! Our Builder left us with some leftover wood and shelving pieces so I asked my wonderful handy man Hubby to cut it up a lil' for me and we made this fun Clapboard Chalk board to leave messages on for eachother....Love how it turned out!
Also found some Red Pillows at Target 2 for $8.00 not too shabby! Zebra striped Pillowcase a whole 1.50 at Ross. Magnet board as seen on the wall another upcycle from one we had before tore off old paper rummaged through neglected scrapbook stuff, and K.bugs sewing supplies and voila a matching magnet board. She also has Some posters that I have failed to take pics of ...Marylin Monroe, James Dean and Audrey Hepburn. I did all the vinyl myself there is a cute little copy shop here (Digidocs) that makes vinyl signs and sales the scraps to us Cricuters!
B's Room
B chose a Fashion designer room, because that is what she loves right now. So we upcycled her magnet board also but hers is covered in a Christmas sparkle bag turned out fun. Zebra pillow case from Ross 1.50 bedspread Target Princess pillow courtesy of her awesome Sis.
Vinyl again from scraps at Digi docs and cut on my Cricut, Frames upcycled from old ones here I added some Zebra fabric we had from making some balls and a flower from old adventures turned out cute. Pic was picked up by that awesome friend of mine thanks again!
These frames were upcycled from my Bro in laws wedding a couple years ago command hooks I spray painted black and used some old ribbon we had lying around that of course has sparkles...The background in the frames you ask? Upcycled from B's old dress ups she was finished with! I love the way it turned out! She also has a New York sign from Ross 1.40 and one on her bed that says Fashion also 1.50 from Ross.
Memo Board from Ross 4.50...Gotta love Ross Those are her clothing designs not bad huh!
Jedi's Room
I am really excited about Jedi's room they have come out with these new Scripture Hero Posters that are just awesome...I have to admit this is not my idea I got it from a friend who got it from a friend :) but I love it. His wall says Put on your whole armor of God...Great reminder everyday of what we should be doing. At the bottom of each poster it tells the story of each hero. Right now he has Joshua at Jericho and Mothers of the Strippling Warriors (which he said he got because it reminded him of me awwwweeee) And Heleman which I didn't get a pic of ....because it is missing on poster by it and it bugs me LOL. We found the shield in his toy box oh yeah upcycle and the sword at the dollar tree for yes....a buck both hung with command hooks that I spray painted with some left over gold paint from a previous project! his bed was not made so he does have a brown and tan bedspread from target. I love their rooms they are fun, can't wait for my room's turn!
pps dying to try to make a headboard out of a door, need to get the guest room done before I can though.....hmmm if only I had skills LOL
3 comments:
Love, love, love these rooms! Especially love that you stayed in a strict budget! I think all 3 rooms turned out perfectly. Each room really brings out that child's personality!
LOVE it ALL!! You did a great job! Where did you find the time? Lucky kids!
Oh my goodness!!! You are awesome!!! Great rooms and I love that you were so clever and got the greatest looks for so little money!!! Where did you get the BOM hero posters?
Post a Comment