"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, June 20, 2010

A tribute to the Wonderful Men in my life.

My Dad,
My dad is a stubborn gruff lookin' Harley ridin' Smart Alic!  He taught me how to stand up for myself, sometimes by pickin' fights with me till 2 a.m..  But ya know what it worked.  He taught me that hard work pays off and that its fun to sweat.  He taught me that working your body is a lot of fun and can bring me great happiness.
He taught me not to trust anybody....Yeah I didn't listen but ya can't win 'em all LOL!  But in the process taught me that not everybody is who they say they are.  He taught me that I CAN do anything and everything that I set my mind to.  He taught me to ski and raced me down the hill even when he thought I was going too fast.  He was willing to break all the rules for me when I forgot to get off the lift at the first stop (yeah I know big surprise) and was just about to do the same intentionally, when I made it down by myself through the powder, thanks to the stubbornness that he passed on (to be fair that comes from mom also).
He taught me to love biking which is paying off today thanks!
Dad you have no idea how much you have touched my life.  I wouldn't be who I am today without you, thank you for teaching me to stand on my own two feet, and talkin Mom into letting me cross the street on my own! I love you!



My Husband,
What do you say about a man who you can't imagine your life without.  Justin has always been a hands on Dad.  He was the only one in the Hospital that could calm down our screaming baby with a simple touch of his hand.  He spent K.bugs first night holding her in the chair so she could sleep and didn't complain once.  He takes them camping by himself so that he can send me to Minnesota to visit one of my very best friends.
He plays hide and seek, video games, tag, football, soccer and at times has tea parties with our three children.
He saves me from homework woes and helps the children understand in such a calm manner that even I am stunned.
He is an amazing father, he loves our children with his whole heart and soul.  I can't believe how blessed I am to have God place him in my path and give me such a wonderful husband and father to our children.
Justin is the true meaning of a Daddy.
Thanks Babe, the kids are so lucky to have you.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

very nice tributes! Hey... we need to chat about a time to do your photos... I have actually done pricing, but will honour whatever I told you before, you just have to remind me exactly what that was! :)