"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Is the World Spinning Faster???

FRAZZLED LADYI used to be this amazing person...I always had tons of kids at our house, I kept the house very clean dinner was always made and thought of in advance, laundry stayed done AND put AWAY.  I would get up at 6 am exercise and shower before the kids were even up!  I played with my children and enjoyed it.  I read to them all the time at least and hour a day.  I helped in classrooms 3-4 times a week.

Now......
My house is disorganized even though we have a larger one.
My laundry is clean but sits on my bedroom floor folded begging me to hang it, or sits in baskets waiting to be shopped through....(I make our children put theirs away I know not fair right)
I play with our children just not as much as I should (I always think something else should be getting done)
I exercise when I don't feel like something else is calling my name and I haven't helped in my children's classes routinely all year!

Calling all Moms is this a normal slump!  Please tell me that it gets better I am so tired of feeling out of control and frazzled all of the time!!!!!

3 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm not currently practicing what I preach, but have you been to flylady lately? If you're feeling out of control, that might be a good place to start!
As for helping in the classroom...my experience is that the teachers need you less and less as they get older. I helped a ton from K-3, but it sort of trickled off once they began 4th grade or so. Once they hit 7th...good luck helping in the class.
So, what I'm trying to say is "yes. I think that's normal!" You are very busy! You exercise a TON! Don't be so hard on yourself.

wv: oxidie: when you just give up on the whole laundry/cleaning thing. Get it? Oxi die? Like Oxiclean! Sorry. It's late. My brain is fried! :)

Valina said...

Glad I'm not alone!

Unknown said...

Brandi U are so funny!
Valina...me too!