"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Saturday, December 12, 2009

"Who is your Role Model Mom?"


K.bug: Ya know who my role model is?
Justin and I: Who?
 K.bug: Jesus.... Who is yours Mom?
Me: Uhhh yeah Jesus sounds like a great role model.
K.bug: what about you dad whose yours?
Justin: Yep Jesus sounds great.

Okay why did I post this?  Well its not that I haven't ever considered Jesus my role model.  Its just that I guess I never put it that way.  It took my 10 year old who is much wiser in years than us sometimes; to put it into the right words.  Do I model my life after his YES.  Do I always succeed NO.  But what a great reminder especially at this time of year.  Honestly K.bug is one of my role models at 10 she has so much spiritual wisdom and insight it impresses Justin and I daily.  I am so grateful to have her as our daughter as I am for all three of them.  But it is moments like today on the way home, conversations like these that make me say a prayer of thanks right then for all that I have been given and all that they have taught me.

p.s. After she asked Justin he leaned to me and said...."why does she have to set the bar so high Geeze!"  I am also grateful for a wonderful husband that can make me laugh so frequently.
Hope you are all enjoying the spirit of the season we are....but then again we are done shopping it makes it easier!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

she surely must have great models! :)

Christy said...

Wow! She has always impressed me. =)