"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Friday, September 25, 2009

Where Have I Been. . . . . .




You may want to take a seat.....Well those of you who know me well......




I.....Have.....Been..... CRAFTING!!!!




I am not nor have I ever been a craft-a-holic....Well I guess I am now.




Here is how the story goes




I went to buy my girls some hair bows and HOLY CRAP A MOLY there was now way I was payin'

$7.50- $9.00 for a hair bow that is :

A. going to get lost

B. going to get disgusting after a few wears in the hairspray.

So off to the craft store I went bought me some ribbon and I made my own. I succeeded at that so well that I decided when my Mom-in-law was paying 20 bucks for a very adorable beaded watch band, that too was WAY too much money.

Once again to the craft store for some beads and such. Wow that was easy I thought to myself. Then I thought HOLY CRAP A MOLY, these ladies are gettin' ripped off! So then the angel on my shoulder (we will call her mom-in-law) said, "you could make those and sell them" AH HA! Yes I could.

So now we are in business together. The lil' store in Grantsville (Solbergs grocery store) has a small gift shop and they agreed to buy my bows and our watches and sell them. YAY for US! I am so excited. We are going to do a boutique and call it Beads and Bows Boutique in October...

Wow I am so excited about this. Needless to say it has takin up alot of my blog time.

7 comments:

Brandi said...

Love them! So fun! Now I have some questions for you... Can you interchange your watch faces with different beads? Just wonderin'. And how much are you selling them for?

Unknown said...

Yes you can. $14 for the band and $10 for the faces. I have made them for my girls too. It is so addicting. I am actually making mommy and me sets. My girls love to match with me so I am sure there are other little girls that like to also. Glad you like them.

Shannon said...

AWESOME! Great work on those bracelets! :)

Bella View Photography said...

lol u stole my idea..... haha i am making bows as well! i needed to make some extra cash so i thought of that too. hopefully it all works out. good luck : )

Unknown said...

What smart people we are! It is tons of fun isn't it.

Jeanine's blog said...

I've got some great online sources for beads if you are interested! Let me know if you want to add some necklaces and earrings to your boutique and I would love to make some up for you! The crafy bug finally bit you!

spice2116 said...

awesome!!! never knew you were so crafty :p