"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When did they grow up???


Really when did my babies grow up?....

I was sitting at the library watching them all snugged up on the couches and bean bag chairs enjoying some of the books they had chosen for the week. I could not believe that they were my children. So grown up (for children), they are getting tall, their faces are changing from babies to children. Braeda sat there sounding out little words and making up what she thought fit with the rest of pictures if she couldn't figure it out.

When and why does this happen to us. I was just telling a friend today that it is a good thing that I got my leak fixed after Braeda or I might have made a very weak moment decision to have another bundle of ....joy.....yeah joy I guess. Only two months later I would have wondered what I was thinkin'.

Because really I am done. There is no doubt in my mind. It is just bitter sweet to watch them grow up.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Well said! I think that is one of my favorite posts! :)
It's so bitter sweet!!!
It took me a long time to get over the fact that we weren't going to have more kids. But now, I have finally reached a point where I'm actually thankful that we've made that decision. It's exciting and scary at the same time, to think about the next phase of life! Marriage, grandkids, another teenager (who is already testing the waters even though she's still 12) and my baby...8 now. Getting into Junie B. Jones. All 3 of my kids are reading CHAPTER BOOKS NOW! When did that happen?!?!

spice2116 said...

you are so funny and such an awesome mommy you would have done great with more kids but i understand the feeling

Stacy said...

I feel the same way with my kids. They just keep getting bigger. You feed them and water then and they grow. Jeanine was telling me the other day that Izzy is losing her baby look. Its was a little sad to think my baby is not looking like a baby any more. But its also fun to watch them grow and learn.