My Mom and Dad Justin's Dad and Mom
I don't think I ever realized how much my parents did for me until I was a parent. I am so grateful for all they sacrificed and did to raise me to the person I am today. I thank them both for blessing me with my stubborness so that I can accomplish the things I do, and so that I don't give into the trials I am given.
I thank my mom for blessing me with the love of others and the desire to serve them whenever possible.
I thank my dad for blessing me with the ability to see people for who they are, and not let them walk all over me (I am getting better at this). For my quick witt and my love of the outdoors and exercise.
Some of my most fond memories......
Camping, talking to the worms so they would find me the biggest rainbow trout, wood sawing contest with my bro, sitting around the campfire laughing and talking about nothing.
With Mom....sitting at the computer playing tetris and eating M&Ms, staying up half the night thinkin' of words that start with random letters and laughing hysterically, playing board games(that one you had to memorize the picture). Our long talks, they always made me feel better.
With Dad....our long bike rides I looked forward to them every time, our Sunday motorcycle rides, "You never look at the people next to you, you always let them look at you because you are cool. But if you pass glass it is okay to stare at yourself!" I loved everytime you told me that I was the reason it breaks down ,(all you need is bailing wire), Our ski trips and everytime (I mean everytime) we went up the lift you saying "sure is a nice day for skiing!"
I want to thank Justins parents for the love they have given him, and for the wonderful man they have helped him to become.
Mom you have blessed him with the desire to serve others, he is always helping somebody. Dad you have blessed him with a level head, it takes a lot to make him mad and I am grateful. (I am not always the easiest person to live with). You have both taken me into your family and blessed me with so much love. I feel like I have always been a part of it, thank you.
2 comments:
you have wonderful parents on both sides your so blessed im envious of you! sounds like you've had some great examples and support.
I loved your post. What great parents you guys have!
Post a Comment