"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

School Days

Wow. It is here already. Makaydee and Corbin started school yesturday. It came so fast. It was a very exciting morning, they put on their special outfits, ate a harty breakfast (ha ha yeah right CEREAL), Grabbed their new backpacks and sat there for another 30 minutes. Yes folks they were ready in 15 minutes, that will be the last time for the rest of the year that it happens. So I feel the need to document it.

Their teachers are amazing. I am so excited to see how much they learn and grow this year. Each teacher teaches because she loves it not because it is her only source of income (not that that makes a bad teacher) What I am trying to say is they are not burnt out.

Braeda had a hard time, because she doesn't start until Monday, so we are making the most out of the few days we have left.

Today we did her kindergarten assessment. She was so cute and giggly. Her teacher is fresh out of college and has so many fresh ideas and is so excited, (hopefully that will stay true when she has 25 5 year olds!)

I have found though excited for the time to myself. I really am not sure what I am going to do with 3 hours all my own. I have been a mommy all day long for 9 years and now I have to be ME for 3 hours. What in the world do you do for three hours EVERYDAY!

I will survive, I think I will actually have time to read again!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

I'll bet you will find that you are much busier than you thought you would be with your 3 extra hours of free time!

spice2116 said...

holy moly!! dont jinx yourself now everyone is going to be asking you to do something for them :p not that you wont be looking to do something. cant believe braeda is in school finally lol she has been doing preschool since her existence lol