Hi, we decided while Justin was away (he is in Maryland working on a pit crew for a nitro funny car)to have a big slumber party! I didn't have a lot of time to prepare a craft or even get a movie because we started so early. So I decided since we were having dinner anyway to make it a dinner experience. A close friend of mine told me her family does a cake experience where you only eat with your hands no plates utensils just hands. I thought the kids would absolutely love it. We had so much fun Braeda's friend wasn't quite sure what to think but boy she got into it after that. The older kids thought that it was so COOL they didn't have to use manners (to an extent). We started with salad and rolls, they had to butter the rolls with their fingers. Then we moved to the main course of Spaghetti after a few moments they decided they would just suck it off the table; Then came the dessert Cake they had to eat it straight out of the pan and can I tell you 6 kids 8 and under ate an entire cake! Yeah I know I will pay for it! But it isn't everyday you get to make a mess with your food (unless you're Braeda). Hope you will still let me have sleepovers with your kids! :) Hope everybody is having a great weekend. It sounds like Justin is having a good time. A little Jet lagged but still sounds good. WE MISS HIM TONS!
2 comments:
You are such a good mom! Your kids will remember stuff like that for years and years to come! Plus, how cool is it that you could let your hair down and not care about a little messy fingers or faces!
Sounds like fun...I wish you were my mom!
Dani, Your awesome! Your kids are so blessed. I love it they looked like they had a blast!
Post a Comment