"Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn't have said."

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baptism Day For B




Dad and B before the dunking  :P

Grandma and Grandpa McCulley

Grandma Great

Uncle Jer I love it when a pic shows the personality so well!

Unlce Alan and cousins  I know adorable right

Uncle Ty and Aunt Raech

My Bro and Niece and His Girlfriend Sara and Baby

The Fam

The real fam hee hee

YAY Scripture markers thanks grandma great


 
Scriptures with her very own name
B's Baptism was beautiful.  There was such a strong spirit that filled the room.  She was excited she understood her decision and could not wait.  On the days leading up to it she would say "5 more days til my baptism unless I don't count today then it is only 4" everyday she would say that counting down.  
As we arrived at the church to set up and get her dressed we noticed nobody was there to fill the font.   A bit of panic set in our guests would arrive in a few short minutes and the font takes almost an hour to fill. . . Oh no.  So we quickly called our Bishop, thank heavens one of the Ward members was there with his wife's number.  He quickly came down to get it started.
Once he arrived we were able to get Justin and B in their whites and take some pics with the family.  It is always so wonderful to see your family show up to support such an big decision.  We had a few that could not make it and they were missed but we know they were thinking of her on her special day.  
B asked Uncle Tyler to give a talk, just as a side note he has spoken at each one of our children's baptisms.  He does a fantastic job and the children look forward to it so much (as do I).  This time he drew the cutest picture of B all in mismatched clothes just like she would wear on a normal day.  The he brought out Squeezey cheese and peanut butter.  He put her pic in one of those stand alone plastic frames.  Then he asked B and the other young children in the room what a sin or wrong doing would be that they might do in their homes.  As they answered one by one he would add cheese or peanut butter.  Then he explained when we are baptized we get those things wiped away and we are clean by using a white rag to wipe it off.  Then he said so you were baptized on Saturday and on Monday you did one of those things, then maybe you did a few other things what do you need to do.  They answered Repent.  Yes and what else to become clean again.  They answered take the Sacrament on Sunday.  So again he wiped the picture clean with the rag.  It was such a great message.  We all enjoyed it.
Jedi sang I am a Child Of God and he did wonderful he really has a nice voice I hope he keeps it up.  Then I gave a talk on the Holy Ghost using  a radio I labeld one end of the plug Faith and one end Prayer.  Using the radio to represent the Holy Ghost (or comforter), I plugged just the Prayer into the back of the radio but couldn't hear anything, then I plugged the Faith into the wall then we could hear (after a bit of help from K.bug LOL) the "Holy Ghost".  But unless we use our FAITH and PRAYER we cannot hear his promptings.  
She was so excited to get into that font, that she didn't even wait for me to give her help into the room  :).   After Justin baptized her all she could do was look at him and giggle.  I asked her in the bathroom why she giggled and she said "I am just so happy".  My heart sang, because I knew that Heavenly Father was "just so happy" too.  
After the baptism we decided to confirm her so that everybody wouldn't have to come clear back out on Sunday during church.  It was a beautiful blessing that Justin had given her through the spirit.  One that I hope will bring her comfort as little pieces sneak into her memory at the right times.  A little B funny. . . . as she sat on the chair to get her blessing she became our silly B and totally lifted her dress so that all could see LOL. . . well she wasn't comfy yet.  We all just giggled because that is just our B.  
After her confirmation the Bishops stood and gave a few remarks that were very special and let us all know the love he felt for our family, I am so grateful to live in this ward the people here are genuine and I feel so at home.  He also gave time for testimony bearing.  Jedi stood and gave the most beautiful testimony, I love that boy I know he will bring much good to this world with as much love as he has for his Savior and Family.  Justin then stood and bore his testimony, as always it was wonderful, he has such a strong spirit and I love to hear him speak about the gospel and the importance it holds in his life, I love to hear him give council to our children about it. 
It was a beautiful day filled with love and the spirit of Our Heavenly Father.  I will never forget each of the days our children were baptized I am so grateful for this gospel and the knowledge it gives me.  
 

1 comment:

Christy said...

Congrats on the beautiful baptism. Such touching moments!!